United Kingdom Homecare Association
We are proud to have been working in partnership with the United Kingdom Homecare Association (UKHCA) since May 2012 as their preferred insurance partner. Since our partnership started, Towergate provide protection to a growing number of UKHCA members with our enhanced Home Care Insurance product, tailored to meet the specific needs your business can face.
United Kingdom Homecare Association is the representative body for organisations that provide personal care to people in their own homes. Combined with our 100 years of experience providing insurance solutions to the care sector, we can make sure that members of the UKHCA receive the right insurance cover best suited to them.
By working closely with the UKHCA, we understand what cover is important to home carers and we regularly provide articles for their Homecarer magazine to share our expertise in areas of interest to their members. Our strong relationship helps us to provide protection and reassurance for home care providers, whether starting out as a new venture or as a long established care provider.
Our policies are packed with features specific to Home Care Service Providers, which means you and your employees have 24 hour access to stress and legal helplines, employers’ liability and cover for medical malpractice.
What is more, we provide cover on a claims occurring basis which provides added peace of mind. A “‘claims occurring” basis provides cover for incidents which occur during the period of insurance even if the claim is not made until many years later.
We offer all UKHCA members a 10% discount as well as driver training exclusive for UKHCA members. In addition, members can also benefit from an additional 15% no claims discount, offering a discount of up to 25% off our standard premium.
All cover is subject to the insurer’s full terms and conditions, a copy of which is available upon request. Discount is off premiums before any fees and taxes.
- Expert guidance and support with insurance and claims queries
- Cover provided by Gable and Zurich, two of the biggest insurance providers in the UK and Europe
- 24 hour stress helpline
- 24 hour legal helpline
- Bespoke legal expenses cover that protects you and your business in the event of any legal disputes
- Employers liability cover with no ‘abuse’ exclusion – up to £10,000,000
- Contents cover for your office
- Public and products liability – up to £10,000,000
Further information on our exclusive UKHCA member insurance policy
- Our care insurance providers, Gable, Ace and Zurich are well known across the UK and Europe, and we have been working alongside them for the best deals for our clients
- We provide you, as a member of UKHCA with exclusive rates that you aren’t able to get anywhere else
- Our team of experts deal with enquiries and existing customers every day, so have a great understanding of your needs. 93% of customers over the past year were satisfied or very satisfied with the service they received from Towergate
- With this policy, you have access to 24 hour stress and legal helplines that you can contact when you need advice or guidance
Although this policy has been designed to cover any home care related claims arising from your business, there are a few specific exclusions to be made aware of:
- Employers Liability cover is on a claims occurring basis
- Public and products liability is on a claims occurring basis
- The legal advice line must be contacted prior to carrying out any disciplinary procedure, making a redundancy or receiving a complaint of discrimination. In respect of any circumstance where the statutory licence might be compromised, the legal advice line must be contacted immediately
- Business interruption excludes any cause within your control
If you have any further questions regarding Towergate’s UKHCA member’s insurance policy, please go to our frequently asked questions section
FAQs - UKHCA member
How do I receive a discount as a UKHCA member?
We provide UKHCA members with an exclusive 10% discounted rate. When you call us to obtain a quote, you will be asked if you are a member of an association, if you let the member of our team dealing with your enquiry know that you are a member of the United Kingdom Home Care Association, you will be quoted the discounted rate.
Will legal advice be offered by trained solicitors or barristers, with an experience in the care sector?
Yes, all enquiries are handed by a dedicated team who specialise in care. Legal advice is only given by qualified solicitors and barristers and the claims team are all qualified with a law degree as a minimum.
Does my policy include abuse cover?
Yes. The policy does not exclude abuse and will protect you where you are legally liable for allegations made against you for the likes of sexual, mental and physical attacks on service users.
What should I do if I think I might need to claim?
You should notify Towergate immediately, even if you only think you might need to make a claim. We are here to help and quick action could mitigate costs and even prevent a claim. Equally, if you have a routine query that you would like our opinion on, we are always happy to help.
What happens if I make a claim?
Towergate will help you through the claims process and work with you to get a settlement from the insurer. With our in depth knowledge of the policy cover and our strong relationship with insurers, we are well placed to ensure that you and your business get back to normal as quickly as possible.